Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion on "Advanced Confluence Tips and Tricks"

Sagar Zilpe June 26, 2024

Hi everyone,

I'm excited to start a discussion on "Advanced Confluence Tips and Tricks." As someone who has been using Confluence for a while, I'm looking to learn from others who have discovered unique and efficient ways to maximize its potential.

Here are a few topics I'd love to delve into:

1. Advanced Content Formatting:

• What are some advanced formatting techniques you use to make your pages more engaging and informative?
    • Any tips for creating visually appealing and easy-to-navigate pages?
  2. Automation and Macros:

• Which Confluence macros have you found most useful in automating tasks or enhancing content?
    • Can you share examples of how you've implemented these macros in your projects?
  3. Integrating Confluence with Other Tools:

• How do you integrate Confluence with other tools in your workflow (e.g., Jira, Trello, Slack)?
    • What benefits have you seen from these integrations?
  4. Advanced Search and Organization:

• What strategies do you use to keep your content well-organized and easily searchable?
    • Any tips for using labels, page trees, or other organizational tools effectively?
  5. Collaborative Techniques:

• How do you leverage Confluence to foster better collaboration among team members?
    • Are there specific practices or features that have improved your team’s communication and productivity?
  6. Customization and Extensions:

• Have you customized Confluence to better fit your team’s needs? If so, how?
    • Which extensions or add-ons have been game-changers for you?

I'm eager to hear your experiences and insights. Let’s share our knowledge and help each other make the most out of Confluence!

Looking forward to the discussion!

6 comments

Comment

Tom_Carrott_Adaptavist
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
June 27, 2024

Hi @Sagar Zilpe 👋

Re: your question on "Advanced Search and Organization" 

We're in the early stages with a new product. Introducing Panorama: Your All-in-One Solution for Content Management in Confluence!

I wanted to share our landing page here incase it is of interest - https://www.kolekti.com/getpanorama

Please feel free to reach out with any questions!

Like Sagar Zilpe likes this
Sagar Zilpe June 27, 2024

Really impressive work by your team! Kudos

few questions, are the tags auto-decided basis project or entire access group (core platform)?

Will be interested to learn some use cases

Tom_Carrott_Adaptavist
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
June 27, 2024

Absolutely! Initially, Confluence labelling will be user-assigned through Panorama to meet specific page needs. However, we're exploring AI capabilities to introduce auto-suggestions for labels in the future. This will streamline the process and encourage consistent labelling practices across the platform.

Some example use case below but there are many more;

----------------

Without Panorama:

• User A is required to review page data individually, usually by clicking through to each page.
  • The data for each page is often in separate locations and, therefore, means User A has to follow multiple steps to see different data points for a page.
  • To analyse and compare multiple data points, User A is required either to have this data exported (often via a more technical route) or manually make notes

With Panorama:

• User A can now see content across multiple spaces in one handy dashboard with up to 6 different columns of data.
  • User A can personalise their dashboard to ensure they see the data they want when they want it and can switch these data points with ease in their dashboard.
  • User A can now see all data for multiple pages in one location and can now analyse performance of content holistically without any manual tasks

----------------

Without Panorama:

• User A has to enter individual pages to either add metadata (e.g. labels) to content or update permissions, and similar experience for most other management activities.
  • User A can not perform bulk updates across large amounts of content and requires these actions to be done manually.
  • User A would have to reach out to the technical admin to have scripts/automations run to perform these bulk tasks quickly.

With Panorama:

• User A can now update many data points from a handy new dashboard, meaning they are no longer required to jump from page to page.
    User A can do things such as adding labels and changing permissions in bulk across large quantities of content via the Panorama dashboard.
  • User A can now keep their and the team's content tidied and organised without any technical support.

----------------

Without Panorama:

• User A needs to create each page of content individually; they are required to Create a page > enter the page (opens in a new tab) > create a title> Add a template, and then repeat for however many pages they require.
  • In order to create a page tree similar to another, User A has to copy that page tree and its branches and then individually change the title of the pages and the content on those pages to reach a desired structure that can be used.

With Panorama:

• User A is presented with model that allows them to create multiple pages in on go. From the same module then can add titles to the pages as well as adding templates.
  • On the back of creating multiple pages User A can save these pages to presets, these presets can be named and re-used at any time

----------------

If your interested to stay up to date with the launch please signup to the form on the URL in my original reply! 

Stavros_Rougas_EasyApps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 27, 2024

@Sagar Zilpe creating good content is hard and so it maintaining it. We built a suite of tools to bulk edit content. I'm confident to say you will want to demo it - Space Content Manager.

We will be adding a page tree and more. It's built in Forge and under active development. So please do share feature requests.

Sagar Zilpe June 27, 2024

Thanks @Stavros_Rougas_EasyApps  for your attention!

I am yet to mature the thought process around content standardisations .

happy to attend demo, hoping that gives a direction!

Zoriana Bogutska_Adaptavist_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 27, 2024

Hi @Sagar Zilpe 

You might want to review templates created using Content formatting Macros for Confluence. There, you can see how to improve:

- content structure using tabs, numbered headings, advanced macro, etc.

- page design, look and feel with background, cards, buttons

- and provide more context with tooltips, alerts, etc.

Well-formatted content is also the source for better team collaboration and efficiency  :slightly_smiling_face:Because it increases engagement and saves time in understanding key information on pages.

Example:

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 10.20.33.png

Rob Terakedis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 27, 2024

From a visual perspective, for internal documentation, I've found it useful to make use of the "Info Panel" macro as visual separators and include "H#" formatting for the text in the Info Panels.  This way, I can include a Table of Contents on the page.  

That said, it would be nice if there was a TOC macro that would "follow" down the page so you could see where you were at on the page and jump around if needed without scrolling all the way to the top.

Anusha Ganipisetty June 27, 2024

Hi,

You can fallow Udemy for confluence course. it has very good explanation.,

Grecia Camacho July 3, 2024

Hi @Sagar Zilpe 

I love sharing knowledge to improve Confluence together! As a Solution Advisor at Appfire, I recommend our Knowledge Solution, which includes ten apps to enhance document quality and promote knowledge sharing.

For advanced content formatting, our Numbered Headings app is a game-changer. It simplifies navigation by allowing you to apply headings to your Confluence content with just one click.

When it comes to organization and document control, the Comala Document Management app is indispensable. It lets you implement an approval process for your documents, ensuring accuracy and enabling seamless collaboration among your colleagues.

Use Scaffolding Forms & Templates to create dynamic forms and templates that can automate repetitive tasks and enhance content creation.

Use Copy Page Tree to automatically generate and manage page trees to keep your content well-organized.

Dashboard Hub for Confluence will help you create personalized dashboards that display the most relevant information and tools for your team.

Advanced Tables use sorting, filtering, and formatting options to enhance your tables.

I hope these tips help everyone who reads this! If anyone is interested, we can have a chat to see how we can help you have a better confluence experience.  :)

Cheers,

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events