repeat current transition - based on current transition screen field value

Brian W. Bishop November 4, 2017

i have a transition screen, and it collects a couple of data points from the user. one is an arbitrary text string. the other is an issue selector custom field. the user is choosing an issue from a 'library' project and cloning and/or renaming + linking it to the current issue - the clone/link is achieved via a scriptrunner postfunction, as you can imagine (the rename uses the arbitrary text string as the new name).

I would like to make it easier for the user to repeat this action via something like the 'Create another' checkbox we are all familiar with from the OOTB create issue screen.

So I add a custom field ("Create Another? Yes") and add it to the transition screen. I can grab the value of that within the existing scriptrunner post function, and it would be swell if I could re-run the current transition - complete with the existing transition screen - so the user could quickly cline+link a bunch of issues...know what I mean?

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2017

Just a suggestion, it'd likely be easier to use the Script Fragments functionality and a REST endpoint to add a custom form with all your own custom behavior. Tacking custom stuff into the Transitions is easy but limited.

Brian W. Bishop November 4, 2017

Thanks for the hint @Steven F Behnke

I'll look into that. 

I will need to make sure I can only show the UI element (e.g. "Create New Linked Library Item") - which is currently shown on the Workflow section of the issue menu and is affected via a circular transition - on certain statuses in the workflow.circular-transition-starts-ends-same-status.png

Brian W. Bishop November 6, 2017

My comment is pretty unclear...

If I am trying to use a fragment/rest endpoint to 'reproduce' a workflow transition screen, can I create a dialog that renders a PCF - Single Autocomplete field that produces a list of Jira issues to select from?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events