Where does the Test Execution Burndown Gadget get its start date?

darcfinn September 18, 2014

Hi,

We are currently running test cycle 1 of 5 for our global software product. We need to use the Zephyr dashboard gadgets to get a graphical overview/status of how the tests are being executed. 

We are having problems with the Test Execution Burndown gadget, as it seems it is using a start date that is not related to the test cycle. And the strangest thing is that it sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't. 

Here's how we have set it up:

• A large set of test issues are registered and linked to product change issues. 
  • Test Cycles are created based on what part of the product the test relate to, as well as considering that we will have multiple cycles with potentially the same tests before we are done.
    • Test Cycle 1 for product X
    • Test Cycle 1 for product Y
    • Test Cycle 2 for product X
    • Test Cycle 2 for product Y
    • etc. 
  • We have established test executions in these cycles based on the version we are preparing for release. 
  • The Test Cycles are set up with version, name, description, From and To dates

Here's how it looks when it works:

image2014-9-19 9:57:51.png

And when it doesn't:

image2014-9-19 10:57:9.png

All test cycles called "RT - TC1 x" have a from date 15.09.2014, while the gadget seems to believe that it should start 01.06.2014.

Is this a bug, or do we need to configure something to make this one work?

6 answers

1 vote
Colin Walker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 8, 2015

We are also seeing this same issue. Any solution is appreciated.

thanks

Colin

1 vote
hemanth acharya September 1, 2015

Hi Zephyr Team,

We are seeing this issue as well. Is there any update on this? Can you please post the issue number here so that we can track the progress? Our users are having a impact due to this.

@Bibek Behera , can you please give us some info?

Thanks

1 vote
Dana Bentley June 19, 2015

We're seeing this on the burndown chart as well. Is there an ETA on the fix? We'd really like to make use of this gadget. 

0 votes
Jon_Stone
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 10, 2016

Also running into this - trying to convince a development/test group to adopt Zephyr for test execution.  When you have defects like this that impact the roll up reporting, it becomes that much more difficult to sell.

Does anyone know as to why it works sometimes and others not - i've not figured it out yet, but we got the burndown working for 2 days consistently, then back to the vertical line mode - from what i can tell, nothing was changed with the release/cycle.

0 votes
Alex Rubio
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 11, 2016

Any update on this?  It's been over a year.  Any workarounds?

0 votes
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2014

Hi Dagfinn,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. The same has been reported by some other users also. We are working on this to get into the root cause of it and fix it. We will keep you posted if we get any further information on this.

Kind Regards,

Bibek Behera.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events