What can be used instead of IssueLinkCreatedEvent and IssueLinkDeletedEvent in lower jira versions?

s January 18, 2018

The script is not executed when an issue link is deleted or created in lower jira versions. Somewhere I read that there is an IssueLinkDeletedEvent and IssueLinkCreatedEvent for JIRA 7.5. But I am using a lower version. How can I execute my script when an issue link is created or deleted?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

Sabin. What version are you using?

s January 19, 2018

Hi @Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist], I am using JIRA 7.3.8.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2018

Right. So those events were only added in 7.5 as I'm sure you know.

The work around would be to use issueUpdated event and to within the event, see the field that has been updated and only if it is the link field, then do something.

You could do something like that using the data from this community question.

Does that help at all?

Cheers!

Dyelamos

s January 19, 2018

@Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist] Does creating and deleting issue link will invoke issueUpdatedEvent?

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2018

Yes ofc, else I wouldn't have recommended this to you sir...

Cheers!

DYelamos

s January 19, 2018

@Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist] I tried it but failed. The script is not executed when an epic link is added to story. I have this same issue :- 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Why-linking-an-issue-is-not-triggering-an-event-Listener/qaq-p/529456

Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2018

If this is like my coworkers say. Best bet you have is an upgrade.

I'm sorry I can't be of much more help.

Regards

Dyelamos

s January 19, 2018

@Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist] Thanks! Have a nice day..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events