Triggering workflow transition from email receipt using JEMH profile?

ThomasJ July 16, 2015

The JEMH docs suggest this is possible, but I can't get it to work.

I have a profile setup. Emails are getting converted to issues via a JEHM handler, and email replies are getting converted into comments. 

However, I can't get the onComment workflow trigger to work.

Here's my profile

image2015-7-16 20:14:22.png

Here's my workflow 

image2015-7-16 20:16:16.png

I want the onComment to trigger the Received From AP transition. I've confirmed that status ID of the AP Sent status is in fact 10804.

I've looks at the JEMH audits. Everything looks cool.

image2015-7-16 20:19:28.png

Idears?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2015

Hi Tom,

Dependant on your JIRA version (JIRA 6.3+), have you checked if the 'user' making the comment (default reporter for email users, actual user otherwise) has the TRANSITION_ISSUE permission?

Workflow supporting JEMH is more opaque than it should be, assumption is that the project the issue is in has those transitions and statuses as valid.

To know more about what's going on under the hood you can enable a dedicated log file:

ThomasJ July 21, 2015

The 'user' in our use case is a non-Jira user so they aren't represented in the permission scheme. If the email is from a Jira user with correct permissions the auto-transition works. Change history shows the transition was executed by the user configured in our jemh Profile-User->Defaults as the "Default reporter user name"

Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2015

> The 'user' in our use case is a non-Jira user so they aren't represented in the permission scheme. All operations are performed in the context of 'someone', in the case of email users (with no account whatsoever), it is the User > Default Reporter. > If the email is from a Jira user with correct permissions the auto-transition works. OK, so indicates that permissions matter > Change history shows the transition was executed by the user configured in our jemh Profile-User->Defaults as the "Default reporter user name" I'm not clear which transition is being referred here, email user or JIRA account holder, when the Default Reporter is used? If you send a mail 'from' the email address associated with the User > Default Reporter, the transition should work?

ThomasJ July 21, 2015

> I'm not clear which transition is being referred here, email user or JIRA account holder, when the Default Reporter is used? The transition i'm referring to is the workflow transition that I want to be triggered upon receipt of an email 'from' a non-JIRA user. The same user that caused the original issue to be created. Upon creation, the user's email address gets saved to a custom field by JEMH. The JEMH recognizes emails from this user, and correctly associates them with the original issue, but does not seem to trigger workflow transitions.

Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2015

Given JEMH is driving this, another cause is that JEMH updates fields, and 'elects' the event type to fire by default. You can drive JEMH to always fire a ISSUE_COMMENTED event when such a comment is created via your Profile: - Profile > Notifications > On Comment Event Behaviour : alwaysFireComment

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events