Subversion Plus plugin missing

Tibor Gulyas November 28, 2013

Hi All!

The Subversion Plus plugin disappeared from Marketplace Downloads.

What happened to it? It's discontinued? Is the latest, 4.0.4 version compatible with Jira 6.1?

Regards,

Tib

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

it has come back again:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1211642

don't miss the new commit graphs showing JIRA issues and with lots of filters to deal with large graphs.

I've added a lot of JQL functions to search issues based on any Subversion attribute (commit number, date, author, comment, file, directory, subdirectory and more)

The web client has also been enhance BI-directional traceability and the JIRA issues displayed while you browse on Subversion: you can now go from JIRA to Subversion and from Subversion to JIRA at any moment (and at the right place, of course)

Hopefully, a new version supporting merge will be realeased soon.

Some Notes: the add-on has been moved from vendor. However, it is free too. The backward compatibility was broken, it means you have to register your repositories again and wait for the repositories be indexed. All the source code have been reorganized and all the keys in the plugin renamed to avoid conflicts with 3rd party add-ons, so you can install the latest version without un-install the Atlassian JIRA Subversion plugin nor older versions of the Subversion Plus itself (4.x).

Hope this helps.

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2013

...and a last and "small" change: It has been renamed to Subversion ALM.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2014

Hi,

This mean that if I am currently using 4.0.1 version when I will install Subversion ALM from the UPM I will have two duplicated plugins, tabs, menus.. et cetera?

If so then what are the next steps? Reindexing the current repositories back again and then removing old version of the plugin?

Is there any documentation that could help understand this transition?

Thanks,

Mirek

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 19, 2014

The short and easy way: un-install any older version and install the latest version from the Markeplace. You have to register your repositories and wait them for be indexed again which usually takes few minutes.

During this time (the transition) your users will be able to browse on Subversion because the bundled Polarion web client access to the Subversion server directly. They could not (or they could get incomplete results) working with (a) commit graphs, (b) commit calendars, (c) jql functions and (d) commits on the JIRA issue and project tabs as all those features fetch the data from the cache rather than from the Subversion server.

There are even some alternative ways to make the transition almost with 100% of availability for end users, thus they could work with the plugin all the time. But in my opinion, this would bring unreasonable extra complications.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2014

By registering you mean that... I will need to one by one add them back to the list of repositories OR after unistalling the older version information about configuration will still remain somewhere and I will just need to go to administration page, click a link to reindex all repositories back again?

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2014

You will have to register them again one by one as in the 4.x version those configuration data was stored by using ActiveObjects while in the 5.x version they are stored in the internal H2 database (the index).

How many repositories do you have currenty registered?

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 20, 2014

It is around 50 repositories... This mean that there is no way to somehow export this from the current configuration and easily import back again.. Any suggestions for people that are having more repoitories than I have? Doing this manually could be a pain..

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2014

A BIG pain I would say.

A possible workaround would be:

1. Export your current repository configuration from the JIRA regular database to a CSV file and then

2. import it into the H2 internal database by using the web console and the import CSV feature.

Depending on you ability to work with databases this could also be a pain.

IMHO, it requires some few commands, hence it should not be too much difficult. I may help you with the 2nd step if you want.

1 vote
abhalla
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2013

The add-on listing has been taken offline by the vendor.

Tibor Gulyas December 2, 2013

Thanks Arun!

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2013
Tibor Gulyas November 28, 2013

Hi!

It is the standard, Atlassian made Subversion plugin, but I need the Pablo Beltran's "Subversion Plus" plugin (pbeltranl-jira-subversion-plugin-4.0.4), whitch is give more functions and includes an SVN browser.

I downloaded it at the end of september, but now it's disappeared.

Thanks,

Tibor

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2013

Onkar, I think that's the original Atlassian Subversion plugin, and Tibor is talking about Pablo's "Subversion Plus" plugin?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events