Strange search result with select list conversion using Scriptrunner

Martin Kellner July 25, 2017

I setup a list conversion for a custom text field (single line). It seems to works without a problem.

I use the behaviour - working inside this custom text field - to search for a text that is stored in the summary fields of the issues that belong to a second jira project.

If the text, that I am lookin for, begins with "es " (there is intentionally a blank behind "es") the search doesn't find the issue that belongs to the text. If it starts with any other combination of a two letter word (e.g. "ax ", "ku "), it works correctly and the search result shows the corresponding issue of the second project.

Any idea what happens?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

Hey Martin.

This indeed seems very oddd.

Would you happen to be using a non UTF-8 charset? Something like Russian, Chinese, Korean, or Greek?

Cheers!

DYelamos

Martin Kellner July 31, 2017

Hi DYelamos,

no, we use UTF-8. I have the same behaviour on our test system if I setup a behaviour script in the same way.

I did some further investigation ... the same query doesn't work as jql too. If I search for "es", no issues are returned. If I put it in quotations marks it work!

Regards

Martin Kellner

Martin Kellner August 11, 2017

I solved the problem on my own ... atlassian support didn't have this idea ;-)

"es" is the German translation of "it" and "it" is a reserved keyword which is kept out of the jira index. You can reconfigure the index from e.g. German to "other". If you do this, the reserved keywords are no longer kept out of the index. I checked it in our test system and it solved the problem.

Regards

Martin Kellner

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events