Setting a multi-user field to none according to rule?

Darryl Lee June 6, 2014

Hi -- I'm trying to set a multi-user field (Call Leader) to either one user, or to none, based on a custom select field (Severity).

The problem was that the multi-user field had a default value set (for a different project), but for this one, I wanted it to be cleared if the Severity is Minor. I had the following post-function setup:

1. The field Severity will be set according to the evaluation of Call Leader against the following set of rules:
    (Major)core-sre
    (Minor)

Should I be using None or some other string to get that field to clear? Or should I just create another Custom Field context for the other project if I want to keep the default value for it? Thanks!!

2 answers

0 votes
Darryl Lee June 6, 2014

Aaah, you're completely right, Fidel. I have those fields switched. Thanks.

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2014

Hi Darryl,

The problem is that you are selecting wrong custom fields in parameters "Target field to be set" and "Field to be checked for matching...". Just do the following changes:

1. "Target field to be set" select field "Call Leader"
  2. "Field to be checked for matching..." select "Severity"

That changes should make it work.

BTW, which version of JIRA Workflow Toolbox have you installed? Version 2.1.19 has a much improved version of this post-function.

Regards,

Fidel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events