JIRA Workflow Toolbox: a way to use jql search by multiple Components in post-function

Elena Oleksenko September 21, 2017

I have a workflow post-function that should search issues with jql expression like 

project = ABC AND component in (%components)

The problem is that some of components consist of two words like "Component A" and if issue has multiple components like this, jql search in post-function does not work. Because it requires format with "" in case if field has multiple values, like: 

project = ABC AND component in (component1, "Component A", "Component B")

and when I use 

%components

in post-function template, it present components without "" and as result jql query is broken.
The question is: is there a way to take content of Component field (Component a, Component B) and copy it in another field in as ("Component a", "Component B")

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 22, 2017

I'm not sure if copying the field value is the best way to address this problem.

I understand you might not be able to use the double quotes here, but you should still be able to use a single quote ( ' ) in order to separate these.  That way this can still be a valid JQL query, and it should still allow you to only have a single set of double quotes here.

So you should still be able to make your query look like this and have it work:

project = ABC AND component in (component1, 'Component A', 'Component B')

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events