JIRA Project Specific Select Field PlugIn for Jira 5.0 and higher

Elke Perner May 15, 2012

Hello,

is this plugIn for Jira available for Jira 5.0 and higher? I found this on the PlugIn site but its just available for Jira 4.3 and I have installed it on Jira 5.0 but it doesn't work. So we need this PlugIn! Does anyone know something about that?

Best Regards

Elke

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2012

Hi Elke,

It looks it hasn't been updated yet to a newer version. You can see the contact information of the vendor.

His name is Holger Schimanski and mail holger@schimanski-web.de

You could write to him and ask if there will be a new version compatible with Jira 5.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2012

Hi Elke, if the Developer isn't going to do an update, then no one else can do it.

What does this plugin do? Maybe we can find other plugin to replace the function that you have with it!

Elke Perner May 22, 2012

Hello,

I already talked with the developer but there is no update of the plugIn available and it's also not planned for the future. So, it's bad! I need this plugIn but I can't do this on my own. Maybe, if someone knows a plugIn like this or update the plugIn for Jira 5.0 please give me a note.

Best Regards

Elke

Elke Perner May 22, 2012

Hi,

it's not easy to describe. In Jira there are the possibility to add versions and components for each project. We need a possibility to add more of these categories. It's problematic because the components are named components in jira and can't be renamed and we have more categories which are depending on the project. So we need the possibility to add more such project specific fields and to choose them through custom fields like it works now with the components or with the versions.

Do you know what I mean? I hope you understand what I described!

Best Regards

Elke

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2012

If I understand well, what you basically need is more like versions, components, etc. to categorize the issues?

Elke Perner May 22, 2012

yes, exactly! :-)

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2012

Is there a lot of difference between the customfield provided by the plugin and a normal select field?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2012

Yes, there's a huge difference. Select lists are maintained by Jira administrators (of either type), but project level fields are maintained by project admins. The security and maintenance is a nightmare to unpick.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2012

... I'm really out of clues here... Too bad that there isn't an update for that plugin... When you can't blame the developer, creating and offering free it is enough work.

Jiannan Tang May 6, 2013

Hi Elke, I have the same question.

How do you solve this quesion?

Develop by youself?

Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2013

I have updated the plugin Project Specific Select Field, which is now available for JIRA 5.1 to 5.2 (version 1.0.1) or JIRA 6.0 and above (current version 1.2.3). If JIRA 5.0 is important for you, I can check compatibility of version 1.0.1. Should work without change I guess. Please notice, that it is a commercial plugin now.

Cheers
Holger

0 votes
Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 13, 2013

I have updated the plugin Project Specific Select Field, which is now available for JIRA 5.1 to 5.2 (version 1.0.1) or JIRA 6.0 and above (current version 1.2.3). If JIRA 5.0 is important for you, I can check compatibility of version 1.0.1. Should work without change I guess. Please notice, that it is a commercial plugin now.

Cheers
Holger

0 votes
ITST May 7, 2013

Hi,

We haven't a perfect solution for this but at the moment we work with the nFeed Plugin and this is now our workaround for this, but it's not the perfect solution.

BR Elke

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events