JETI: Getting all attachments with "Add attachments to email" field set to "newest"

G August 7, 2014

My problem is simple: I have the "Add attachments to email" field in the notification configuration in JETI set to "newest".

I am getting all of the attachments of the issue attached to the notifications email but only want the newest.

Is this a bug?

I have JETI version 5.4.1.1.

3 answers

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 10, 2014

Not exactly. If you upload a file called e.g. MyDocument.docx and later you uploada new version of this file again with the same name,then MyDocument.docx will have two versions attached to the issue.

In such case, "All" attaches both versions. "Newest" attaches only the last version of the document. That's the differen t.

But I understand what you want to achieve, so we may add a new option like "Added recently" that would attach the documents from the past 7 days.

Please follow the issue I have just created for this: https://metainf.atlassian.net/browse/JETI-479

Tibor

0 votes
G August 10, 2014

Hi Tibor, thank you for your answer.

If I understand you correctly that would mean that if you attached say 3 attachments today and 3 a week ago you should only get these 3 you attached today. That's not how it happens for me, I am getting all of the attachments.

I tried to set the field to "All" and think I got exactly the same functionality.

How can I set it so that I only get the attachments I just attached?

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 8, 2014

Hi, "Newest" actually means the newest of all attachments. There may be multiple versions of the same attachments, newest means the last ones of all.

G August 10, 2014

Hi Tibor, thank you for your answer.

If I understand you correctly that would mean that if you attached say 3 attachments today and 3 a week ago you should only get these 3 you attached today. That's not how it happens for me, I am getting all of the attachments.

I tried to set the field to "All" and think I got exactly the same functionality.

How can I set it so that I only get the attachments I just attached?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events