Is there a Log Work / Tempo Time Entry Widget

Doug Kozar February 9, 2018

Is there any sort of widget I can add to my JIRA Dashboard to enable quick entry of timesheet records without having to go into each Project & Issue?

It would be great to be able to add the "Log Work" screen as a widget on the Dashboard:

Log Work   JIRA   M C.png

Amendment for clarification:

1. We have paid for Tempo Timesheet add-on.
  2. We plan to stick with Tempo Timesheet add-on.
  3. We have no plans or intentions of getting any other time tracking add-on for JIRA.

5 answers

0 votes
Maitrey Patel March 9, 2018
Doug Kozar March 9, 2018
  1. We have paid for Tempo Timesheet add-on.
  2. We plan to stick with Tempo Timesheet add-on.
  3. We have no plans or intentions of getting any other time tracking add-on for JIRA.

Thank you @Maitrey Patel

0 votes
Sandra _Mindville_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2018

It's by the issue in the issue list, not the action button for the dashboard (see image). The action button becomes visible when hovering over one issue line.

Log Work action.png

Doug Kozar March 6, 2018

Ok...but that is not really what I was looking for @Sandra _Mindville_.

What I would like is the Log Work box as a standalone widget right on my Dashboard all the time as shown in my OQ.

Why?

I can use the pulldown menu to select my Project/Task to enter my time for. And, I can check the Log another checkbox to enter all my time for the day. I typically jot down my time on note paper while working and then at the end of the day I enter all my time into JIRA.

Yes, I could enter my time as I go using the JIRA system, but I work on so many things throughout the day for approx. 15-minute increments each that it is just way easier for me to enter my time once, at end of day, into JIRA :)

I'm probably the only person to have suggested this widget feature, otherwise Tempo would have developed it by now I imagine.

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas though.

Sandra _Mindville_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2018

Ok, I get it. 
Then I would recommend using the worklog calendar view (or the timesheet view) in Tempo and customize what issues are populated there. 

I personally always use those views for the same reason you mention.

Kind regards,
Sandra

Doug Kozar March 7, 2018

Ok, thank you for your help and diligent responses her @Sandra _Mindville_.

0 votes
Sandra _Mindville_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2018

Hi Doug.

If you are using the filter results gadget (or any gadget showing the action button), you can simply click on the action button (...) and select Log Work, without opening the issue or project. That will populate the worklog dialog on top of the dashboard.

Is that what you are looking for?

Regards,

Sandra

Doug Kozar March 6, 2018

Ok, thank you for responding @Sandra _Mindville_.

There is no "Log Work" in the menu

screen shot.png

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2018

You can use timesheet dashboard item of WorklogPRO. Double clicking on a cell will display 'Log Work' dialog and allow you to create new worklog entries. All widgets will update automatically. You can add various charts and timesheet types. You can even use 'current user' variable for timesheet and it will adjust for any logged-in user. 

I have attached a screenshot for you.

2018-02-12_11-32-46.png

Doug Kozar February 12, 2018

Ok, thanks @Deniz OğuzWe are using Tempo Timesheet.

0 votes
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2018

Have you tried the Harvest Time Tracking add-on from the Marketplace? 

No, I haven't @Scott Theus. We are using Tempo Timesheet. But I was more curious if the "Log Work" screen on our Issues could be added as a Dashboard widget.

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2018

Ahhh...I think there is a Timesheet gadget for the users.

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/spaces/TEMPO/pages/172785750/User+timesheet

Ok, thanks again @Scott Theus. I clicked the link and looked through the article and it was not apparent to me where there gadget is or how to add it to my JIRA dashboard. Do you know how?

I updated my OQ with a screen shot of what would be awesome to be part of my Dashboard.

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2018

There is a User Timesheet gadget, but I believe it only displays the timesheet for the user and does not allow editing. But, since the user name in this gadget is an active link to the user timesheet the user may be able to click the name, open the timesheet, and enter time for the issues listed there rather than going into each project/issue.

I haven't tried this yet; maybe it will get you partway at least?

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/spaces/TEMPO/pages/172785709/User+Timesheet+Gadget

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events