How do I get all the information related to my tasks using JIRA APIs?

abhayms August 4, 2017

I would like to get all the information regarding the status of the task, the created and updated times, assignee, reporter, due date and priority.

Which is the API I should be referring to. A URL to the same would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2017

Which API?  And in what context?  (A lot of code varies according to were it's being run, so we need to know what the context is - where it is running)

abhayms August 6, 2017

I was looking to integrate the information regrading the project and task information onto a web and app platform we were building for our company to track all the specific details of the projects.

We could not use JIRA alone cause we wanted to customize the details.

So does JIRA provide the information regarding the regarding the status of the task, the created and updated times, assignee, reporter, due date and priority. 

I am not sure which API provides information as a new to the JIRA development community.

Could you please help me out regrading which APIs I should be referring and their URLs if possible.

Thanks in advance

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2017

Ok, you need the introduction.  An API that did not do what you were asking for would be pretty useless because JIRA is all about the issues.

JIRA has 9 APIs you might want to use - this is because there are 3 JIRA applications, two types of API, and two ways of running.

JIRA Core is the application that provides workflow, issues, projects etc. 

JIRA Software *adds* boards and Agile functions to Core

JIRA Service Desk *adds* SLA, portals, requests etc to Core.

They all have two APIs, but you'll be using JIRA Core, plus additions from the other applications if you need them rather than just one single API.

The two types of API are what matter more. 

There is the internal API for writing add-ons, for Server JIRA only (So there's three of these - one for each application)

Then the REST APIs are for Server and Cloud, for writing add-ons as well, but mainly they are for remote communications (So three for JIRA Server and three for JIRA Cloud, although the differences between Server and Cloud are not big) 

The REST APIs are what you need.  Probably just the ones for JIRA Core from your question.  See https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis/jira-rest-apis/jira-rest-api-tutorials and https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-apis

abhayms August 6, 2017

Thank you Nic. That was very helpfull.  

I will get back if I have any queries. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events