Copy or Clone ServiceDesk Project

Damir Hohnjec August 30, 2017

Hello,
I'm new in community... and have problem with copy project from existing one. Copy Project  plugin (trial version 1.0.3.3 ) ended with an error message on screen:
"Unable to render element due to an error"
and Clone Project plugin(vers 2.0.1) cannon be installed with my vesion of Jira Service Desk (3.6.0):
"This add-on installed successfully, but it is incompatible with your JIRA version. Features and functionality might be limited."
Any suggestions or comment would be helpful what to do
Yours sincierly, Damir

1 answer

0 votes
JamieGeorgeson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2018

Hey @Damir Hohnjec,

It sounds like you've tried two add-ons to copy projects:

1. Jira Copy Project Plugin; and,
  2. Clone Project for Jira.

Regarding the Clone Project for Jira. According to the version history for that plugin, it only supports older Jira versions (up to Jira 6.4.14). If you're using Service Desk 3.6.0, then your Jira Platform version is 7.4.0 (see the Jira applications compatibility matrix). So your Jira version is too new to support the Clone Project for Jira. We'll need to try a different plugin.

Version 1.0.3.3 of the Jira Copy Project Plugin should support Jira 7.4.0 / Service 3.6.0 according to the version history. It sounds like you might have encountered a bug with this add-on, I'd recommend contacting the vendor for support. There are support resources in the support tab of the marketplace listing.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

The Jira Service Desk Team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events