Cannot send HTML emails or get issue comments to display in email

Anthony Pomtree May 28, 2013

We have set all of the settings so that the default email format is HTML, however whenever we receive an email via the plugin (from a post function), they are always sent in text format.

As for the text template, we cannot seem to print out the issue comments in within the email. We have tried copying/pasting the suggested velocity code (using the field picker on the template screen), along with some other attempts, but the comments will never show.

We are current using Jira 5.2.10 w/ JETI 5.2.7.

Thanks.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 28, 2013

Hi Anthony, the symptoms you described occur when user options is disabled in JETI configuration.

It is actually a bug that we are fixing with high priority. You can watch this ticket to get notified of the progress: https://metainf.atlassian.net/browse/JETI-85

Tibor

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 29, 2013

Anthony, the piblic-comments.vm files are stored within the plugin jar and not in your file system. You are not missing the file.

0 votes

One thing I did notice is that looking at the suggested velocity code for rendering the comments field:

Render as Text: #parse("templates/emailissue/email/text/public-comments.vm")

... was that I could not locate the public-comments.vm file in the path where I would expect to find this file (<drive>:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\text).

Could this be the issue that I'm missing a plugin file? If so, I am curious why it was not installed when the plugin was applied. Thanks.

0 votes

Yes, that one too. All of the users have their profile email type preference set to HTML.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Hi Anthony, when you say 'we have set all the settings so that the default email format is HTML' you are including the option Mail Type on your profile configuration preferences?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events