Bulk User Deactivation for Jira CLOUD!

Umer Saeed January 24, 2018

I've searched and googled around anywhere, but does anyone know of a plugin that can bulk deactivate users in Jira Cloud?

User Deactivator for Jira plugin is for server based installations, but does exactly what I need!

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2018

Hi Umer,

The Bob Swift CLI is available for Cloud and per the Community post Solved: How do you bulk delete or deactivate users the "removeUser and updateUser with the deactivate parameter" can be used to accomplish this.

In addition please vote on the Cloud Suggestion JRACLOUD-30708: Bulk deactivate users and add your use case to the comments to add impact to the ticket.

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Umer Saeed January 24, 2018

Thank you for the update Branden. I was hoping I could get a plugin as oppose to the Command line, as I'm not comfortable or familiar with that - but nonetheless, have voted for the ticket above to be prioritised. :)

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2018

Hi Umer,

Thanks for voting on the issue.  The Bob Swift CLI is a plugin that allows you to interact with JIRA in it's own syntax.  Take a look at the documentation for Bob Swift CLI and see if it's something that could work for you.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Vinoth Vanchinathan September 26, 2019

Workaround: Install this add-on https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/uivision-kantu-for-chrome/gcbalfbdmfieckjlnblleoemohcganoc in Google chrome browser. Do some excel tricks and generate the user profile URL for all the users to be off-boarded. (You can find ID for each user when you export users) Understand the JSON structure of the kantu add-on and generate JSON for the operations bringBrowsertoFront (opens google chrome browser), open (opens the URL supplied in JSON, click(clicks the toggle button in the user profile page). Tada !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events