Are there any plugins or addons that help you to create sandbox environments that are sized appropri

JR July 5, 2017

All I can find is the process around taking backups of our current cloud apps and restoring them. It's very error-prone and manual to do on regular basis. Am I missing something? The free test instances seem very small and performance wise are way under my own current production. 

Thank you for any guidance.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2017

The free test instances seem very small 

They are the production image, all cloud instances are the same.

> It's very error-prone and manual to do on regular basis.

Thats a PEBKAC problem, there is documentation.  Probably you should evaluate why you are doing this on a regular basis.  Perhaps your usage is not best suited to cloud, and you would be better off with a hosted Server instance.

> performance wise are way under my own current production

Its cloud, you share physical resources.  If performance is not up to your requirements you probably need to use a hosted Server.  That said, we use cloud JIRA daily and are mostly happy with performance.

If storage is a problem, our cloud addon JEMHC happens to have an External Attachment feature that allows you to store your attachments in your choice of 3rd party storage medium (S3, Dropbox, Drive), which will extend the lifespan of your cloud instance.

JR August 6, 2018

Thanks very much for the reply. We are a app vendor so the refresh are to create test instances with real world data sets of varying size we also support server. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events