"The plugin key is invalid" error

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 24, 2018
A customer ran into the following error trying to install this add on:
Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 10.08.14 AM.png
Any suggestions on how to help?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2018

Hi @Monique vdB

I clicked on that same link in my Firefox session, and I actually got the same error.  However I should explain that I am not signed into my Atlassian Cloud site in that browser session.

But, when I clicked on the same link in my Chrome browser, where I am signed into my Cloud site as an admin, I was taken to a much different page that allowed me to install this plugin to my Confluence Cloud site successfully.   So I would want to make sure that the user is both signed into their cloud site first, AND that they have permissions to install plugins to this site.

If both of those are true, and they still get this error, then I'd like to get more information about the user account and the site URL so that we can investigate this further.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
May 24, 2018

It looks like that resolved the issue, thanks Andy!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events