Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pricing

laurent favre November 18, 2020

This is a social survey. It is addressed to all Jira clients who bought as well an application. When I upgraded (and paid) from 25 Jira users to 50 Jira users, I have been obliged to pay an additional $1'600 (not written in the Jira agreement, written in the FAQ web page but not in any agreements) to upgrade the application from 25 to 50 users. So you pay for Jira 50 users and for the application 50 users, you cannot stay with the application 25 users, the application stops until you pay for 50 users.

Do you think this is normal or (like I think) this is a fraud from Jira?

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2020

It is not fraud - no-one is lying to you about asking for more money for the service.  And it is written into the contracts you have agreed to.

Whether it is "gouging" or not, is up for debate in my opinion (I say "gouging" because it is an English word that the English use to describe "getting more money out of someone for no extra product/service" - I do not know if it translates into other languages like that).

But it has been the Atlassian service model for many many years, and they've not misled people about it since they moved that way.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events