how to make link in the body of sending email

Виктория May 6, 2020

When Release done, by automation rule, lira send email what task were completed.
I write body of mail myself.
{{issues.key}} have been released.
how to make {{issues.key}} linked? (when I click on it, go to this issue)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2020

Hi @Виктория ,

Thanks for your question. If I understand correctly, you want to send an email but actually have a hyperlink to {{issues.key}}

To do this, you need to use this: <a href="{{issue.toUrl}}">{{issue.key}}</a>

Or to show you what it looks like it context:

Screen Shot 2017-08-23 at 2.04.39 pm.png

Hope this helps!

John

Виктория May 12, 2020

thank you so much! but it works only with one issue. the second I can`t  link in the mail.
It`s in one line and when I press I go only in one (the first one) issue.

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 12.53.11.png

can we make body looks like this?

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 12.46.29.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2020

@John McKiernan  - He is returning multiple issues with his query - basically all of the issues in a release. So he is wanting to show a link for each separate issue. But that's not how the rule is returning the "list". 

Like Виктория likes this
John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2020

hmmm I'm not too sure with this one @Виктория 

Might be a good one to put through as a support request so one of the engineers can have a deep dive in. 

Like Виктория likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2020

Hi @Виктория ,

Try this:  {{baseUrl}}/browse/{{issue.key}}

Виктория May 7, 2020

doesn't work(( in email only text....Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 14.02.54.png

Виктория May 7, 2020

and there are couple fo issues and url only for the first one...

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2020

It looks like it is trying to create a link for two issues at the same time. Are you returning more than one issue?

Can you share a screenshot of your rule? And of the Email section detail of the rule?

Виктория May 7, 2020

form.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-08 at 09.14.40.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2020

Hi @John McKiernan  - This is one of those for the Webinar in my opinion. It is pulling back multiple issues from the release, but instead of listing each one separately in the body of the email with a link, it appears to be simply listing each issue key at the end of the link. 

Can you help @Виктория out and consider it (and other bulk return type functions) for the next webinar?

Thanks!

John McKiernan
Atlassian Team
May 10, 2020

This is the perfect example - Thanks @John Funk !

We must have you as a guest star on one of the webinars soon :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2020

The fame might go to my head  lol.  But that would be awesome!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events