but I want to show the Zendesk ticket number as a column in my Jira Issue Filter

Bangar Viviane July 12, 2018

I've searched and am not finding the answer.  I know I can see the Zendesk information in a ticket detail screen, but I want to show the Zendesk ticket number as a column in my Jira Issue Filter.

Also, is there a better way other than by label jira_escalated to search for tickets that came from Zendesk.  While that is a special label there is nothing stopping someone from adding that label to any ticket or removing it from a ticket.  I'd like a way to search something like zendesk issue id != ''

Thanks

4 answers

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 28, 2023

@Bangar Viviane hello, if you're open to exploring 3rd party solutions - check out ZigiOps. It's fully no-code and has advanced features that allow you to tailor it according to your use cases. ZigiOps syncs Jira and Zendesk bi-directionally. Feel free to check ZigiOps out and drop us a line if you want to explore it more. 

BR, Diana (ZigiOps team)

0 votes
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2023

Hi,

This is Majid @ Exalate. 

The solution here would be to simply populate any custom field in Jira with whatever information you require from the Zendesk side i.e. the ticket number in this case. Then you can report of it and use it in JQL filters. I am not sure what integration solution you are using but this is very simple to set up with Exalate

Please let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to assist. 

Thanks

Majid

0 votes
Michael Corrigan June 8, 2023

I also cant find an easy solution to getting the Zendesk ticket number onto a jira ticket. I want to have it automatically added to a field so I can use it in an automation to call an api.

0 votes
Jennifer Dragan August 2, 2022

Would love to know if we could get basic reporting integration with this field. It would be a huge quality of life change with our team.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events