Zephyr defect project

Mark Fuller January 29, 2013

Is it possible to configure the project for Zephyr to create a defect? We have multiple teams, each with their own project, but a central defects project. By default, Zephyr creates defects in the project the test is created in but I would like to be able to have it create defects in the central defects project.

Mark

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

Hi Mark,

In terms of current options, I'm not aware of any way to control this via a setting.

I looked through workflow properties, thinking you could use the JIRA a workflow for an Issue Type of Defect to assign it to your defect project. However I only saw a lot of actions in the workflow you could make to characteristics to the defect and not to the project itself.

If you want to make sure testers don't file defects in the project they are in, you can take the issue type of Defect away from the project in your issue type schema. Then it is impossible to create a defect in the project they shoudn't create a defect in.

Otherwise, you may have to trust your testers to change the projects they file defect in. This is fairly simple as there is a project toggle on top when they create the defect off of the testcases.

To police the workflow actions of your users you can have issue searches set up in your issue navigator. You can use this search to quickly identify a defect which was created by a tester in a project that shouldn't have a defect and you can let them know they have made a mistake and should fix it.

I'd hope after a handful of wrist slaps the testers would come around and stop doing it.

In terms of feature requests, I'll add it to our list.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events