Xray: Importing Test set and Pre-conditions

Harinder September 11, 2017

I want import the test set and pre-conditions associated with the tests using Xray test case importer, I have more than 120 test set which contains multiple pre-conditions associated with the tests. I'm using the mapping as presented in the screenshot below. Test sets and pre-conditions associated with the tests are not imported but rest of the fields are imported correctly. probably it is because of the fact that , it cannot create test set / pre-conditions without summary , what is the solution in this case ? 

CSV file format

SampleCSV.JPG

Mapping using xray test case imported

ImportingTestCases.JPG

4 comments

Comment

patin September 11, 2017
s
Like pasquale.auriemma likes this
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 14, 2018

Hi Harinder,

As of version 3.0, Xray's built-in Test Case Importer is only able of creating (Manual) Tests.

During the mapping, you can link the Tests with some other entities including Pre-Conditions, Test Sets and Test Plans using the following custom fields :

• Pre-Condition association with a Test
  • Test Sets association with a Test
  • Test Plans associated with a Test **

More info about custom fields here: https://confluence.xpand-addons.com/display/XRAY/Custom+Fields+and+Screen+Configuration and https://confluence.xpand-addons.com/display/XRAY/Using+custom+fields 

Thus, if you need to create Tests and related Pre-Conditions, for example, you would need to

1. Start by creating the Pre-Conditions using Jira's CSV importer, as detailed here: https://confluence.xpand-addons.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=21760052#ImportingandExportingTests(CSV)-Pre-Conditions
  2. Create the Test cases, using Xray's built-in Test Case Importer; at this moment you could specify a column with all the issue keys of the related Pre-Conditions (you would need to know the related issue keys obtained in the first step)

You could also do it the other way around:

1. Create the Test cases, using Xray's built-in Test Case Importer
  2. Create the Pre-Conditions using Jira's CSV importer and use the custom field "Tests association with a Pre-Condition" to identify all linked Test issues (you would need to know the related issue keys obtained in the first step)

We may improve Test Case Importer in the future in order to support automatic creation of Pre-Conditions. Please open an improvement request using our Service Desk here: https://jira.xpand-addons.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2 

Best regards,

Xpand Add-ons Team

Like # people like this
chandrasekar_h July 4, 2020

@José Domingues [Xray] 

Hi ,

We are using Jira cloud .is there any option in "Xray test case import" to map precondition with the related test cases.

There is no mapping field for precondition.

How can we link preconditions to corresponding test cases while importing? 

We have 3000+ test cases with preconditions . Could you please provide me a solution for it asap.

José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 10, 2020

Hi @chandrasekar_h

It is not possible to import Test using the TCI and directly associate them with a Precondition, because the association between those two issues is not a Jira link. As such, it is not possible to define before the Tests exist.
A quick workaround to associate the Tests to the Preconditions is to import them with a specific Label. That way, you can easily find and select them on the Precondition's Issue Picker Dialog.

Best Regards

Team Xray

chandrasekar_h July 16, 2020

Thanks for the response.

@José Domingues [Xray] 

Environment: JIRA CLOUD 

We are using 'Xray JSON import' option. When we try to import 1000+ test cases it throws import limit exceed the maximum limit is 1000.  

So we decided to split the test cases limit within 1000 . Once we importing the  Testcase JSON file(800+) it seems stuck in the middle of the process. The progress bar shows the same percentage for a long time. And finally, it is not throwing any error and some test cases only imported.  

if we try again the same happens but the progress bar percentage will be different. For Example: First time it was stuck in 26% and the second time it was stuck in 73 percentage.  

Could you please suggest/guide me ?

Gargi Dixit October 29, 2020

Hi 
Mine requirement is quite similar as mentioned by @Harinder

Can Any one help me here to resolve this issue?

Usha Parthiban
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 3, 2024

Hi,

I am unable to access the link which you have shared. My query is how to import bulk preconditions using csv import option? Could you help?

Best Regards,

Usha

chandrasekar_h June 22, 2020

Hi , 

is there any option in "Xray test case import" to map precondition with the related test cases .

We are using Jira cloud . There is no mapping field for precondition . Could anyone guide me ?

Ghalia MANSOUR September 17, 2020

Hi,

How can you have this view with all of this choices of fields ?

( I have only 4 types :

- Don't map this field

-Action*

-Data

-Exported result) 

Thxxxxx

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events