Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xray - Cover a requirement with just the Test Execution or Test Set without linking tests directly

Vladimir November 13, 2019

Hi all users of Xray

See this suggestion:

https://jira.xpand-it.com/browse/XRAY-4687

I would like to make a promotion. If you use Xray I hope you have an idea how to use covering of requirement by tests. Just now there is possible to do it only by Test issue.

I would like to have to cover it by Test Execution issue or Test Set issue so you do not need link the test. 

See the attachment.

If you will have a possibility to add Test Execution to cover the requirement then you should not need to link the tests inside of Test Execution to link them also. This will be duplicit. The Xray should count this. 

Also for the test set issue it is the same. When you add test set to cover the requirement, then there is added only the tests and not the test set. There will be much better to add only test set directly.

This will be much better and quicker and much better reports. Of course add only test is also good and is not broken by this. This is just exapanding feature.

Please I know that a lot of users use Test Execution as a bunch of tests that cover one requirement so there is not needed to add the tests directly.

If you agree please add a vote so the Xpand team can work on it. More users will want this more possibile it will be developed.

Best RegardCoverage req.png

1 comment

Comment

Vladimir March 24, 2021

We use Xray one year now and this would be very good feature. If you use Xray and you find this usefull please vote for it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events