XRAY Test Plan not reflecting the latest execution status

Pooja September 1, 2019

Test Plan in XRAY reflects the status of previous test execution and not the current test execution

OverallStatus.JPG

Execution Records:

ExecutionRecords.JPG

2 answers

2 votes
Inês Silva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2019

Hi Pooja,

What Overall Execution Status took into account is the time when your test is effectively run; it's not the date of the Test Execution.
"Latest status" will show the latest status taking into account the date of the related Test Runs.

We have this document that will help to understand the calculation:

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Team Xray

Andreas Kruschwitz February 1, 2022

Hi,

we have currently this issue that the test plan does not reflect the real latest status. We use Xray Version 6.0.1. Are there any current bugs known?

2022-02-01 09_19_12-[GMDM-21869] Dummy Test Plan For Test - DevStack Jira.png

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2022

Hi @Andreas Kruschwitz 

It could be a cache issue since the status is calculated. Please clear the custom fields, so they get re-calculated. The option can be found in the Integrity Checker of Xray found in the Jira Administration \ Apps \ Xray settings: https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Integrity+Checker#IntegrityChecker-CalculatedCustomFieldValues

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

James Leighs December 14, 2023

We have this same problem in that the test plan shows some tests fail overall even though their latest execution has passed. I tried the suggested fix related to clearing the custom fields but this didn't work for us. How can we get the test plan to show passes when the latest executions did pass but not all executions?

Like Jose Manuel Ibargüen likes this
Louise Kelstrup
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 12, 2024

Same problem here, we have tests which are part of several executions within same test plan, 4 of them are passed and 2 is No RUN. In the test plan I expected it to show "Passed" if the Final status takes presedence over Non-final is checked - but it does not.

We would like to be able to see:
1) Which tests, have at lease 1 final status e.g. PASSED
2) Which tests, have at least 1 nonfinal status e.g. NORUN
I though the flag "Final status takes presedence over Non-final" could give us that information either 1) checked or 2) non-checked but it seams that Xray is not working that way. I really do not get what I am looking at in the Testplans Tests tab?

Like # people like this
1 vote
Manuel Abascal January 7, 2021

@Inês Silva is there a way to using the Xray API to reset or clean the Test Plan Status to show the latest result and keep adding passing and failure suites to the report?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events