πŸ“š Why we wrote a children's book for Jira admins!

Blake Thorne April 17, 2023

πŸ‘‹ Looking after your company's Jira instance is important work.

But if you have young kids at home it can be ... hard to really share this enthusiasm with them.

Until now!

The book: "Mr. J Saves the Day"

Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 11.37.19 AM.png

"Mr. J Saves the Day" is about a young girl named Connie who becomes sad when her mother goes away for work. With the help of her father, they make a movie to surprise Connie’s mom. However, when they have technical difficulties sending the video, a hero named Mr. J steps in to coordinate a response and save the day.

Check out a digital version of the full book here!

Why a kid's book?

We’re attending Team 23 this week! When we sat down to plan for the event, we knew one thing for sure: We didn’t want to give out just another piece of conference swag that too-often ends up right in the trash. We’d rather ship something of substance that people might actually hang on to. Our top priority with this project was to make it look and feel like a real kids book, something we’d actually read to our own kids!

Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 11.41.12 AM.png

About us

We’re the team behind LaunchNotes, which has a brand new app in the Jira marketplace called Gravity. Gravity leverages AI to help you identify themes, expose trends, and surface actionable insights buried in your Jira backlog.

You can learn more about us at LaunchNotes.com, and learn more about Gravity at GravityApp.ai 

We’re also a team of many former Atlassians ourselves and proudly backed by Atlassian Ventures!

Want a copy?

If you’re at Team 23 this week, come say hi! We’re bringing 500 copies and we’ll give them out for free until they’re gone. We’ll be at the Atlassian Ventures booth on Wednesday morning. Also, Wednesday from 5:30-7 pm we’re sponsoring a party right outside the expo hall in Buddy V’s Ristorante.

We’re also exploring ways of making this book available to ship to you! So if you’re not at Team but interested in a copy, let us know in the replies and we’ll reach out to you directly as soon as there’s news to share.

Thank you so much! Go Team!

Check out a digital version of the full book here!

7 comments

Comment

Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 17, 2023

What an idea! If I had attended Team23, I would have stood in the queue to grab a copy:)

Like β€’ Blake Thorne likes this

Thank you! We'll definitely follow up as soon as we print more!

Joe Pursel April 17, 2023

I would LOVE a copy. 

Please send me one as I cannot make it to Team 23 this year.

Joe

Thanks Joe! We'll follow up with you as soon as we print more!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

That is awesome @Blake Thorne

I'll be sure to make my way over there!

Amazing! We look forward to it, Jimmy!

Like β€’ Jimmy Seddon likes this
Krimo Khermane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

Sounds great @Blake Thorne! An ebook or PDF version would be fantastic for me since I won't be able to attend Team '23 this year. And I love reading on my iPad.

Cheers Krimo

Like β€’ # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2023

Haha! Yes this definitely came up a time or two as we were putting this together.

And thank you!

Like β€’ Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2023

One of my favourites ;-)

Liam - DevSamurai
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 17, 2023

This is a great idea! 

Can't wait to read the PDF version of this book.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2023

Loved the book! Thanks for putting it together in an engaging way that helped me explain the bug fix process to my 9 year old daughter.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events