Why it's not possible to trigger a notification for the event 'Issue Assigned'?

Olga Kikas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 30, 2020

Add Trigger.pngThere's no option to trigger the notification for the 'Issue Assigned' event.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Hi Olga,

An Issue Assigned event doesn't exist in the Cloud API: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/webhooks/

This type of event can be "faked" in our code to add support for it, and we plan to do so in the future, but we're currently focused on adding scheduled notifications. 

In the meantime, you can use a JQL like:

assignee CHANGED after now("-1m")

Alongside an Issue Updated event. This will only send a notification if there was an assignee change within the last 1 minutes of the event which triggers this notification. 

Olga Kikas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 7, 2020

Boris, thank you for this workaround!

I've followed the instructions and faced another challenge: it seems that the emailed Jira notification includes attachments only when the Issue Updated event = attachment added. Is this an expected behaviour? How can I ensure the attachment is there every time the respective event is triggered regardless when the attachment itself was added to the task?

attachment added.pngattachment not added.pngsettings.png 

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2020

Hi Olga,

Yes this is the intended behavior. If you place an attachment in a comment, that will also include the attachment.

Like Olga Kikas likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events