Why custom apps are preferred now a days ?

InnovationM Technology Solutions October 9, 2019

When we are seeing the technology is growing rapidly so why every company want to shift in Custom app development.

1 comment

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

It's the tendency to go more modular, which is a common tenet of natural technological development. 

Where people used to build something from scratch which eventually came to meet their exact needs at the time, industrialisation, mass manufacture and technology naturally push us towards modularisation.  Why have a load of local people hand-weaving cloth for local use when a machine can turn the same amount of thread into cloth in a mill a hundred times faster?  If you wanted to build a robot 30 years ago, you would make most of the pieces yourself and assemble it.  Now, you buy lego components and stick them together - it's faster for you to use the pieces you need that have been built for you than to build them yourself.

Same goes for software - we're moving away from monolithic "can do everything ok" systems to smaller ones that do the core functions well and then get added to when you need more.  The move to the Cloud is an additional push to this, with micro services and lambda functions (For example) allowing you to do just what you need, when you need it, at a fraction the price and time because they do one thing well and you just ask.

So people want custom apps that do one thing well, rather than trying to do everything and having to support a load of stuff you don't need as well.

It even applies at home - I used to have several computers doing everything, but I now have around 100 computers in the house, with only 3 doing more than 1 thing.

Just my 2d worth, on the way I'm seeing it move. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events