Why accessing id.atlassian.com every page load?

Lorne Covington April 5, 2013

Every page I load in the evaluation (download) version of Jira my broweser is saying "Waiting on id.atlassian.com...". Why is this happening? Is this some kind of eval tracking? Is this in the licensed version? It is slowing down page accesses, and raises privacy concerns, the main reason for going with the download version.

Thanks

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lorne Covington April 9, 2013

The "Feedback" button in evaluation versions of Jira (and also early access versions) is what is generating the traffic. Turning it off greatly speeded up page loads and there is no outside traffic generated. I was pointed (promptly I might add) to this page describing how to turn it off:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+to+disable+or+enable+the+GOT+FEEDBACK+button

0 votes

I have found that when I click the "Projects" or "Issues" tab, I also get a waiting on jira.atlassian.com for about 2 seconds before the wait for id.atlassian.com. I just checked, and even just clicking on an issue in the issues list does it, as verified by Wireshark. Not cool.

0 votes

It is quite obvious here, say I click on the "Issues" tab on the left in a project, the page loads and the waiting for id.atlassian.com message displays for about 5 seconds.

Doing a Wireshark capture shows traffic during this time with 67.221.237.7 (contegix.com) and 67.221.237.19 (lb1.ctx-sl-mo.atlassian.com). It is perfectly repeatable.

And yes, I set it up with an Atlassian account.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2013

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2013
May be because of the issue collector added for feedback. Can you try disabling the feedback module in system plugins. Just a guess

Hmmm, there is no plugin listed with "Feedback" in the name. I disabled the Issue collector plugin, and that made no difference. Thanks for trying!

Lorne Covington April 9, 2013

Well Renjith, you had the right idea, it is the Feedback button doing it, disabling it was just hidden a bit.

0 votes
nriley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2013

Hi Lorne,

I downloaded the most recent version of the JIRA evaluation, and so far I am unable to reproduce. I even removed myself from the network, and it did not appear as though I was accessing id.atlassian.com

When setting up your eval, did you register with an Atlassian ID account? Were you able to access the Dashboard, or set up any projects yet?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events