Which time tracking add-on(s) do I need?

Nonas Buzines August 27, 2018

Hello, I did the trial version of Jira over a year ago.  My company just purchased Jira but I found it is missing some features that I recalled having during the trial version. I didn't realize there were "add-ons".  

The most important feature was tracking by "tasks".  I recall having to turn on a time tracker and then was able to assign hours to the task issues  in Jira.  In other words, I create user stories and, after planning poker, I set up story points.  This just gives us a general overview of the size of the user story.  Once we accept the user story for a release we create tasks for those user stories but want to assign hourly values to the task.  Then, during the sprint I want to show a burndown by tasks hours. 

Ive looked at some of the add-ons that deal with time tracking but I have no clue which one I need based on the description (or do I need more than just one).  Can anyone advise what add-ons are needed to accomplish the above?

1 answer

0 votes
Vijay Sv February 19, 2019

Hi, Did you check if Time tracking was enabled or disabled in Jira (Ref: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/configuring-time-tracking-828788203.html) and what Jira version do you use? Is it Jira software?

Thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events