When editing mind maps, focus can shift to underlying page

Laurent Louf October 14, 2022

Hello,

This is quite an annoying bug that I'd like to report here. When editing a page on Confluence and specifically when creating/editing mind maps, sometimes it seems like the focus will shift to the underlying page (without modifying the display), so when typing, it will stop editing the mind map and start editing the page (without modifying the display).

Problem is in that case, since you were editing a mind map, the focus on the page was on the mind map object, and typing anything will replace the mind map by your text. You will realize that only after saving your modifications to the mind map and getting back to the page it is present on. Sure you can do a ctrl-z to delete the text and get back your mind map, but doing so only restore the mind map before the modifications you made. Which means that you can loose hours of work on a mind map simply because at some point the focus has shifted to the underlying page.

That is very frustrating and already happened a dozen of time to me while I've only been using Confluence for a month. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to pin-point the exact sequence of events (clicks or key strokes) that lead to this, but this plugin requires a fair share of "shift" key press.

Edit : my way around this for now is to work no more than 30 minutes on a mind map, so that the maximum amount of information lost is limited. But ideally I would like to be able to trust the thing and only save once I'm done

1 comment

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2022

Since Mind Maps is an Atlassian Marketplace App created by Pristine Bytes, you may want to reach out to them.

https://pristinebytes.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

I am also moving this to the Marketplace collection so you can get more eyes from the partner on the question.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events