Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was your first app or integration?

Caitlin McCurrie
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2021

Hey community! I'm a researcher in the ecosystem and marketplace teams, which means that I work on how apps and integrations support your Atlassian product experience.  
I'm hoping you can help me out. I'm really curious about your first app or integration experience with your Atlassian products. 

If you're feeling generous, can you comment below to share what your first app (or integration was) and how you came to learn about it? 

Peek behind the scenes: I'm working with the teams to help make it easier to discover and learn about apps that can address your workflow challenges. 

Really looking forward to reading your comments and appreciate your time! 
Thanks, y'all! 

4 comments

Comment

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 11, 2021
Like Caitlin McCurrie likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2021

My first app was a plugin that injected a new issue view into Jira.  Partly for an automation, it generated an xml-ish view of a Jira issue because we couldn't get the data we needed out of the Jira 2 SOAP interface.

The first plugins I identified as potentially useful to that install of Jira were the Jira Toolkit (Atlassian), the Jira Calendar (Atlassian), and a third-party app that died when Jira 4 implemented everything it did better than it did.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2021

My first app was Email this Issue - our teams needed a way of forwarding a ticket to a third party and this fit the bill perfectly

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2021

My first app installed and played with was scriptrunner! :D

But apart from it, I think that I have to give credit to jira automation.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events