What's up with BigPicture?

Ken Bayne July 12, 2019

Trying to determine if BigPicture is the right choice for Waterfall / Gantt charting projects.  Their website has broken links to documents and their Contact page returns an error when I tried to send a question.  Anybody using that is using BigPicture want to comment on this or their product?  Could someone suggest a good Program Management / Gantt tool?  I am skeptical of the reviews found on the Marketplace

3 comments

Comment

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2019

Hi @Ken Bayne,

According to their Status page it looks like they are having issues with their web site at the moment, which would explain why links are not working for you. You could try and contact their support, support@softwareplant.com. When we evaluated Big Picture about two years ago they were very responsive to the questions we had.

Sean Blake {Easy Agile}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 21, 2019

Hi Ken

I'm not exactly sure what your requirements are. If you are looking to create a product roadmap or timeline that can pull in your existing issues, you might want to check out Easy Agile Roadmaps

You can split scheduled work into swimlanes (high-level 'themes' of work or teams) and add date markers to the roadmap to show events/milestones.

Of course it's best to run the free 30 day trial first. Or you can have a play on our demo Jira here: https://easyagile.com/ear-immediate-eval/

Thanks Ken & good luck.

Cheers,
Sean Blake [Easy Agile]

Becky November 1, 2019

Hi Ken

Hope things are well.

If you are looking for a program management tool (not a project management tool), you may want to check out Dragonboat 

Built by program managers based on the needs and pains in the trenches, Dragonboat supports an outcome driven Responsive PPM framework. 

Let me know if this helps... thank you and good luck!

Becky (from Dragonboat)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events