Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s Up with Gliffy + the New Cloud Fortified Apps Program

Last week, Atlassian announced the new Cloud Fortified Apps program and the initial program participants — the Gliffy team is stoked to be included. I’m a rule follower, so here’s an extra crystal-clear disclaimer: I work for Gliffy.

If you’re not familiar with the program requirements quite yet, here’s the Marketplace page explaining the program. You can also check out this great introduction to the first set of Cloud Fortified Apps from Ecosystem Product Marketing Manager, Maggie.

There are lots of great apps in the program (shoutout to my friends at xApps by Decadis and Adaptavist!) but I wanted to write a quick post specifically about what participating in this program means for Gliffy’s customers.

The Bottom Line

The Gliffy team joined the Atlassian Marketplace when it launched in 2013 and has invested in growing with Atlassian ever since. The Cloud Fortified Apps program ensures that apps meet enterprise-grade performance and reliability standards, which has been our goal from day one. Because of that goal, Gliffy already met many of the requirements to join the program. 

Our customers likely won’t notice any major changes, but some of our standards and processes do look different behind the scenes.

Security Requirements: Check! 

Cloud Fortified Apps need to participate in the Marketplace Bug Bounty program and complete security self-assessments, just like apps with the Cloud Security Participant badge. The team at Gliffy already met these requirements.

Support Requirements: Already Done!

Cloud Fortified Apps are required to maintain a response time of under 24 hours, 5 days per week. For several years, Gliffy has been able to offer support 24 hours per day, Monday through Friday.

And, our support team is awesome — you’ll see me referring folks to email support@gliffy.com to get in touch with Trish, Tanika, Reg, Jeni, and other Perforce support staff on Community posts whenever I don’t have a quick solution at my fingertips.

Reliability Requirements: New & Improved

Atlassian’s reliability requirements for Cloud Fortified Apps are, in my opinion, the most interesting part of the program. Cloud Fortified Apps are required to meet some high standards, like 99.9% uptime, and Atlassian is going to help us stay accountable to those standards.

This standard also means that the Gliffy team will have some additional steps prior to deploying updates in order to ensure that our changes won’t negatively impact our largest customers. 

More importantly, if something does go wrong, we now have new, shared processes with Atlassian to help resolve issues quickly. Working closely with Atlassian has definitely been a big part of our success, but I also recently learned it’s part of our origin story — did you know that Atlassian CEO Mike Cannon-Brookes helped code the initial Gliffy-Atlassian integration in 2006? With literally 15 years of partnership under our belts, I’m sure more collaboration means good things for our customers.

More Good Things to Come…

If you’re a current Gliffy user, thanks for diagramming with us! I’m excited about some things on our roadmap and look forward to sharing another update soon.

And, if you’re looking for a diagramming app and have any questions about Gliffy, please let me know in the comments!

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events