What do you all think about the Code Barrel acquisition by Atlassian?

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

I am mainly focusing on their add on, Automation for Jira. I think it will be very interesting to see which direction the tool is taken in. Being directly apart of Atlassian could bring huge benefits to the automation capabilities of Jira and Jira Service Desk.

What do you all think?

1 comment

Comment

Gil
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2019

I think they will get more power to do things which they cannot do at this stage. Mainly because some API's are not exposed, and that's limiting functionality for A4J add-on.

It could also turn out that Atlassian will take some of the automated functions and bake it into Jira, as there are bits and bobs that were supposed to be out of the box for Jira software/JSD. Such as enhancing Workflows post functions, validations etc.,

In any case, I wish them all the best. Well deserved. Awesome support team and such a great tool that saves us a lot of manual work.

Like Cody Stevens likes this
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2019

I couldn't agree more. I was already thinking that they will most likely integration AFJ into the core product so its out of box functionality.

I didn't think about the non exposed API's. Definitely looking forward to the future of the add on.

Like Gil likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events