Unable to configure Jira chat bot in google chat

Akhil A January 21, 2021

Unable to configure Jira chat bot in google chat

9 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Ok.  Nice statement.

(If you want help with something, you'll need to describe the problem)

Akhil A January 21, 2021

unable to configure Jira cloud instance 

Jira.png

Akhil A January 21, 2021

Akhil A January 21, 2021

I am getting below error when I click configurejira2.png

Like Eldho Paul likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Ok, that's a "server side" error - something going wrong on the back-end, to which we have no access, so we can't begin to debug it.

You should do what it says and contact Atlassian support on https://support.atlassian.com/contact although it might be worth contacting the app's author as well.

Phyllis Zhu April 19, 2021

@Akhil A did you ever get a resolution to this? 
I'm running into the same problem

Tomasz Marciniak April 29, 2021

Hi guys, any luck? I'm running into the same issue as described.

Phyllis Zhu April 29, 2021

I reached out to Atlassian who said I need to reach out to the app developer. 

They had me try enabling cookies for JIRA and if that didn't work to uninstall and reinstall the bot, then try configuring.

So I uninstalled/re-installed and it's working now. 

Piotr Starzyk December 15, 2022

After months of this not working, typing the following command in chat: `/jira_settings`, then clicking Edit Settings and saving, fixed the issue for me.  Still not sure what was broken.

tobi December 21, 2022

Unfortunately not for me

CF8A218F-4AC0-4B1A-B925-9A2DFB60B8EC.jpeg

Kael Shipman January 10, 2023

I'm getting this exact same error. Hoping someone at Atlassian wakes up and tries to fix something....

Philipp Bischoff April 25, 2023

Same for me. Reinstalling did not help for me

Like Brian Reynolds likes this
Micaël January 16, 2023

I had the exact same issue. I managed to solve it by uninstalling the app from Jira > Apps > Manage your apps and reinstalling Google Chat Bot for Jira app. The configuration process now works as expected.

Regards

Jerome F_ November 17, 2023

I've stumbled upon that issue within my organization, and it turned out we were getting that error message due to the web browser we used to open the "configuration link", which was Brave browser (chromium-based), using Google Chrome instead resolved the issue immediately.

image.png

Brave being a no-ads/no-tracking browser, I guess some part of the configuration process was being caught-up in brave filters.

Philipp Bischoff November 27, 2023

Thanks! That indeed fixed it for me as well. With Chrome it's working fine - with Firefox it's not.

Like Jerome F_ likes this
Jerome F_ November 27, 2023

Happy that it could help you Philipp ! 
So apparently not only Brave but also Firefox isn't working with this.

Patrick - Canary Apps March 12, 2024

In case anyone is looking for an alternative that is easier to set up and supported in all browsers: the company I'm working for recently published Google Chat for Jira on the Atlassian marketplace

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events