Trying to sync between onPrem Jira and AzureDevops

Richard Louis-Marie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 24, 2020

Hi Community,

I'm trying to setup a sync between our Onprem Jira and a remote Devops repository via Tfs4jira synchroniser.

At the beginning I was able to setup jira connection but not the azure devops connection.

After reading the following topic (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/TFS4Jira-connection-issue/qaq-p/771499) I was able to setup the Azure devops connection but the connection to my jira is now failing.

Is there any trick to connect to Azure devops through the proxy and directly for my jira with a web.config modification or not ?

Thanks for the help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Richard Louis-Marie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 25, 2020

Auto answer :)

Thanks to my colleague, i found a solution.

Instead of setting directly the proxy, we can set-up a proxy script (better known as proxy.pac).

To do so :

Put the following section the web.config :

<system.net>    
<defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials="true">      
<proxy scriptLocation="http://localhost/proxy.pac"/>     
</defaultProxy>  
</system.net>

In the proxy.pac (put in my case at the root of tfs-jira-synchronizer site), set your rules :

function FindProxyForURL(urlhost)
{    
if (dnsDomainIs(host,       "www.abcd.com"))    
return "PROXY proxy.url.dnsext:1234";    
else            
return "DIRECT";
}

In this case, my DEVOPS repository is located at www.abcd.com, my Jira repo on the LAN and proxy is reachable at proxy.url.dnsext on the port 1234

Take care to run the IIS with the appropriate credentials to auth against the proxy.

Hope this will help !

Best

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events