Try to add bigpicture to Jira

Vibekke.Holme October 23, 2019

I am trying to add bigpicture from the Marketplace, however we continue to "run into a problem" Does anyone  know how we can proceed? 

2 comments

Comment

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2019

What is the problem ? Any error that you encounter ?

This is the problem: When we are trying to add the BigPicture app from Marketplace. We are administrators. There is button "try for free" in the upper right corner. When we are hitting the button, the program tells us that it is starting to add the program. After 3 seconds we get the Message "We ran into a problem" 

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2019

Hit button again - but this time, before you do it , open your log using tail or similar utility and see what the log says .

I have to add that we managed to install the program yesterday, however 5 minutes later it disseappeared from every user's dashboard

Here is the error message: 

• contentType: "application/vnd.atl.plugins.task.install.err+json"
  • done: true
  • errorMessage: "The app host returned HTTP response code 500 when we tried to contact it during installation. Please try again later or contact the app vendor."
  • name: "BigPicture - Project Management & PPM"
  • source: "BigPicture - Project Management & PPM"
  • statusCode: 200
  • subCode: "connect.install.error.remote.host.bad.response.500"
  • __proto__: Object
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2019

Does your security services or firewall have any restrictions that could prevent your jira server from connecting to internet or specifically to bigpicture website ?

We have the cloud Version of Jira, so we do not have Control of firewalls and those type of restrictions.. ? 

Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2019

If that is the case - I'd suggest you connect with Atlassian Support - have a ticket raised and they will look into it.

Patryk-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2019

Hi Vibekke,

Sorry for the late reply. This issue is related to the client key which I just reset. Now you should be able to start BigPicture trial on your Jira instance.

Let me know if you need any assistance.

Regards,

Patryk

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events