Trigger automation rules on issue

Mikel Whipple October 27, 2022

I have a few automations that run when someone opens a ticket but those rules are based on what they choose. Customers sometimes don't make the correct choice so I have to make changes to the ticket which would trigger a different result in automation. I would like to say trigger all rules or a certain rule without having to build each rule with a manual trigger. Thanks. 

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2022

Instead of having multiple automations that triggers on when the request is created, you could use a dispatch automation that is using a web request to the other automations. If you do it this way you have one dispatch automation when the request is created, and you can have a second one that is either manual or based on what was changed.

Mikel Whipple October 27, 2022

Can you link me an example of what you are referring? 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2022

Sure, here is a subset of one of the more complicated ones that I have currently.

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 1.52.34 PM.png

The main dispatcher is the last one in this screenshot which triggers when a new promotion/transfer task is created. It check which department it is and then sends a web request to the corresponding automation.

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 1.54.02 PM.png

And in the first screenshot you can also see the second dispatcher that is only triggered if the form attached to the request is re-submitted, and it does the same thing as the main dispatcher.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events