Trigger automation by change of custom field [Next-Gen Project]

ronny matthies March 19, 2021

Hi folks,

For a Next-Gen project I want to achieve the following use case: I created a custom field (Checkbox). Once a certain option of this checkbox field gets deselected (value deleted), I´d like to send out a message to a certain user. 

Automation Example.jpgAnybody has a clue how/ if this can be accomplished in Next Gen projects by using project automation? 

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2021

Hi Ronny - Best I can tell you is give it a try. Custom fields created in Next-gen sometimes don't seem to show available in Automation For Jira. Just make sure that the Rule is a single project rule and see if your field shows up under the Condition. 

ronny matthies March 20, 2021

Well, I tried achieving this through automation, but it didn't work - that's why I created that post...

BTW: Custom fields are available in Automation (at least for Next-Gen projects) but I don´t see a way how to access the changed value in my rule. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2021

Can you share the rule that you have so far and what is not working with it? Maybe also show the Audit Log entry when you run it? 

ronny matthies March 23, 2021

Hi John - Obviously I didn´t manage to make myself understood quite well, so here comes the screenshot:

automation.pngI´m trying to create an automation that sends a notification to a certain user, once the custom field "3D Animation approval" changes for not having any value anymore. As you can see, there is no option in the automation creation process that allows to trigger an action based on the value (or no value) of a custom field.    

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 23, 2021

Ah, I think I understand better. You have to create the trigger first as you are doing, and then add a Condition to check the value of that field. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events