Time spent in status when specific label is on issue

Andrew October 5, 2017

I know that EazyBI collects a lot of data associated with a particular item, so I am curious if I can do the following:

We have issues that move from Backlog > Grooming > Ready, etc.

During these stages we use labels so that we can easily filter on items.  The labels can change based on what is going on with the story in those statuses.  

Is there any way that I can determine the following:

How long did story X spend in Grooming (days) while it had the label "Y"

I can already get how long it spends in grooming total, but I would like to see if I can get the time spent while a specific label was on the story.  Not sure if this is even possible.

Thank!

1 answer

1 vote
Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2017

Hi, Andrew,

eazyBI indeed collects a lot of data about issues from the changelog when you import issue change history.

And it would be possible to calculate the time that issue spends in a specific status.

However, "Label" field is a multi-value field in JIRA where one issue could have more than 1 label on it.

Unfortunately, eazyBI does not import changes for multi-value fields, therefore, it would not be possible to calculate the time while issue had a specific label (labels) in a status.

Please reach out to eazyBI support if you have further questions about this.

Kind regards,

Martins / eazyBI support team.

Deleted user October 25, 2019

I have a similar problem, I want to measure the time that an issue is in backlog and then in progress and then in done and make a own graph with eazyBI (which I'm studying these days...). Without using labels. Only me using the default functions of JIRA. I don't know if it is possible for eazyBI using the worklog or status change history of the issue.

@Sir Mārtiņš Vanags 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events