Structure - Group by certain labels

Tyler Miller April 13, 2021

I'd like to know the technique/formula to group by a specific label, as opposed to all labels.

I'm currently using the "Text Attribute" and a query like this: Labels="GW", which is showing as a valid query. I would expect this to group items within the structure that have the label, "GW". However, it simply returns a group called "0" and the items within are not grouped in any way. 

Any suggestions? Happy to provide more clarification too.

Tyler

1 answer

0 votes
David Niro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

Hello Tyler,

David from ALM Works here.

I am going to take you up on your offer of clarification :)

Could you describe the goal in some more detail?  

I understand that you are trying to Group by a specific label, but what should happen with the issues that do not have this specific label? 

Is "GW" the full label, or part of a label (e.g. GW1, GW2, GW3, etc)?

When you say "Text Attribute" and "Query", are you grouping by Text Attribute and then choosing Formula, or Query Match as the Group By?

There are challenges currently with grouping by specific labels, but we may be able to identify an alternative depending on the clarification.  

There will also be a much easier way to handle this with the next version of EXPR.  We expect EXPR 2.0 to be available later this year, and it will have array support which should make this a trivial formula to write.

I look forward to your response!

Best Regards,
David Niro
[ALM Works]

tiger June 23, 2021

Hey, David, I'm looking to see all tickets with "support_qa" as the label.  But I get this error: 

Field 'label' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

Any help here?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events