Share Your App Love Story with Atlassian!

Viewing page 2 of 2

40 comments

Comment

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2019

Everyone is sharing love with Jira, Confluence or all the popular addons, but I would like to take a moment and share a little love with the app that soon (unfortunately) would be a history - HipChat. 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Hipchat-articles/HipChat-True-Love-Story/ba-p/1005254

It mean that that all 171 apps from the Marketplace (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/addons/app/hipchat/) would also end life.

Big thank you for HipChat team and all vendors for making our life better for almost 7 years!

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2019

@Mirek: Dying to read your story but Community gives an "invalid parameters" error 😪

Untitled.jpg

Like Mirek likes this
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2019

There was a whitespace in the URL :) - Now it should be fine.

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Marc Dvorschak February 14, 2019

We use Jira and Confluence at our company. We don't use much apps but we use the right ones for our daily work.

The Jira apps we use at my team are rather simple:

Jenkins Plugin for JIRA

Subversion ALM (Yes, we still use SVN. 😉)

Before we used Jira we had to manually add comments to the issue we were working on regarding the changes in the source code. These comments juts contained the SVN revision number. You had no idea which files were changed or which software version contained the changes. Now all this information is added automatically. 😍

In Confluence we have more apps but I love these two:

Draw.io Confluence Plugin - dt. "Ein Bild sagt mehr als tausend Worte."/ engl. "A picture is worth a thousand words."

PageTreeCreator - Easy templates for whole page trees. With one click you have all you need.

We also use Comala Workflows for Confluence. I don't love this one (when ever I get an email by this one, it means work to do 😅), but I still like it because it's easy to use and does its job. 👍

Like Mike Rink likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2019

@Marc Dvorschak  I like Draw.io too. I am trying to move my users from Gliffy to Draw.io

Like # people like this
Danny Zuccaro
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2019

My latest add-on crush would have to be ConfiForms. We have been finding a ton of use cases in our work environment and it has helped streamline a lot of our intake processes. 

Like # people like this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 14, 2019

Sometimes apps need some love.

Check out this article about how, with some love, SpaceUpZip transformed from a popular free app around since 2011 to a much-improved app released as a commercial version in 2019.

Like Laura likes this
Deleted user February 18, 2019

Like so many, my favorite app is ScriptRunner.  I would cry without it.  Structure for Jira and Calendars for Confluence also make me happy.

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2019

Hello fellow champions,

I think to value apps you have to have some experience with Atlassian Tools. Otherwise it is hard to see their benefit as a first time user.

(this is a personal view) I am always looking for the best apps when it comes to Confluence as I enjoy having well organized, attractive pages. They bring some life to the pages.

To me a well designed page makes my reading more enjoyable.

Below are some of the macros, I enjoyed and still enjoy using on my pages:

• Table of Contents - This is mandatory to me
  • Page Tree - A nice to have that helps me organize pages
  • Image Slider - Nice to have especially when I am sharing screenshots, or pictures from events
  • ViewTracker - Mandatory as I can keep track of page views and space usage
  • ConfiForms - A plugin that I enjoyed one time as I was able to create forms that looked like shopping pages for a former company hosting an event(Attendees needed to order their shirts)
  • Comala Workflows - Nice to have but I am still trying to master it.

Best,

Fadoua

Like # people like this
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2019

In confluence, scroll pdf export has been huge for me to get buy in to some of the business units to get documentation out of word and sharepoint and into confluence.

The ability to create a document with logo's, formatting and the look and feel of what normally went out to 3rd parties, such as auditors has been a huge win.

We found each other at Summit.  Isn't that always where true love begins?

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2019

@Gregory Van Den Ham  first time I learned about "Scroll PDF export" I am reading about it at the moment.

Carol Jones February 20, 2019

I know it's been mentioned numerous times, but I'd have to say ScriptRunner is probably the one that has saved me the most.  Although I do really love the Jira Suite Utilities app.  The user interface just makes the job much easier.  But when the option needed doesn't exist within JSU, ScriptRunner saves the day.

Like Laura likes this
Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 20, 2019

Great topic for the month!

I'm not sure if my story counts for this, as it's not directly about apps and not only about love. Anyway, we all know that love and hate are often two sides of the same coin, especially when it comes to someone or something we interact with every day. So I went through seven most common reasons why use of Jira can be frustrating, tried to understand where this frustration comes from, and thought of possible ways to turn it around into an everlasting love relationship which include leveraging apps as well.

Here it is in two parts: part 1, part 2.

And if it comes to my favourite apps, the ones I use most personally are certainly Team Calendars for Confluence (which I described in this article) and Issue Templates for Jira, which save me an incredible amount of time on creating repetitive tasks.

Like # people like this
Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2019

Great articles @Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_  Bravo Bravo Bravo :) :) :)

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 25, 2019

+1 to @Fabio Genovese 's comment: these Articles are stellar!!

Like # people like this
Dzmitry Hryb _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
February 26, 2019

Thank you so much @Fabio Genovese @Bridget ! :)

Like Fabio Genovese likes this
Deleted user February 22, 2019

I didn't saw any love to Insight yet, so here it is: 

Insight - Asset Management

I like the way Insight is connecting the dots and how they are able to present them: 

image.png

It can be used to connect devices to each other, but even to a customer or a user.

For example, what devices, phones, or other are connected to a user.

What should we retreive when offboarding an employee.

We also used it as the source for the Service Catalogue.

Like # people like this
PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2019

Oh, I like it...

But You need to see Your optician though, as You have missed this spot: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-discussions/My-love-affair-s-in-Marketplace/m-p/998723#M580

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user February 22, 2019

Your right, I only watched the reply's on this topic and didn't watch the other discussions.

Thx for bringing that up.

Like PJ Wysota likes this
PJ Wysota
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2019

Well, I am always right. And I am not humble at all. ;)

Like Deleted user likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2019

Well, as I see a lot of interesting apps was shared here. 

Our company used Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Crucible/Fisheye and slack.

I'd like to share one by one favourite app for every product. 

1. Jira - nfeed

2. Confluence - team calendars

3. Bitbucket -  Repository Mirror Plugin for Bitbucket - now it is included into core functionality :)

4. Bamboo - Queue Priority Plugin for Bamboo

5. Fisheye/Crucible - Copy Source for Fisheye and Crucible 

6. For slack and Jira integration we are using webhooks and exist slack-it our plugin. 

That's all

P.S. I want to say "Big Thank you" for Atlassian Labs.  That department helping us with good feature before that functionality not in the core module, just in the PoC or in alpha or beta variant. 

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov 

Like Carol Jones likes this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2019

As others in this thread, I'm biased because of a few apps we developed ourselves and that I'm using on a daily basis for my instances and with customers. But by spending lots of time with these loves (and by doing that saving it), I can spare this time with other loved ones. And normally I'm not that kind of a guy - please believe me! :D One of this big loves is the app Content Formatting Macros for Confluence. I'm spending a lot of time in Confluence creating internal and external content and it was so liberating when I found this collection of handy macros. So easy to create even better and more consumable content for everyone and if that's not enough just write some custom CSS to really take it to the next level. ❤️

Like # people like this
Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2019

@Max Foerster - K15t Great suggestion. I know Content Formatting and I thin it's very good. Many thanks. this can be useful in use Confluence as a great ECM :D

Like # people like this
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2019

@Fabio Genovese have fun and share some results! ;) 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 26, 2019

Late for the party, but February was so stressful...

I looked at the Confluence macro usage stats in our company and found that (beneath the Confluence macros itself) the Scaffolding app is used quite often (I was surprised, to be honest), followed by the Composition app, Content formatting app and Linking app.

I personally love draw.io, the Source Editor and the Reporting app. Reporting is not very intuitive to be honest, but so powerful. Other people really like the Multiexcerpt app for providing text modules or Comala publishing for publishing content.

Tracking is interesting, so you can see the number of visits for your pages.

We recently bought Table Filter and Charts and we love that. Filtering big tables with this works like a charm. And we have a lot of big tables...

In Jira of course, we use Scriptrunner a lot, Misc Workflow Extensions, git-integration, Jira Toolkit, Jira Suite Utilities, Workflow Toolbox - and I don't want to miss a single one of them.

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2019

Our core apps are:

• BigGantt
  • JSU
  • Tempo Timesheets
  • ScriptRunner
  • Delegated Project Creator
Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2019

Thanks for that :)

Just interesting  how many projects do you have in Jira?

• Delegated Project Creator
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2019

We have anywhere from 200-300+ projects in JIRA at any given time.  We are constantly archiving (Backing-up) and deleting them to keep our instance healthy.

Like Gonchik Tsymzhitov likes this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2019

200-300+ it is ok :)

Constantly archiving that's interesting. Can you describe your process and tools more deeply, please ? :)

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2019

Just looked and right now we are at 678 projects.  My team is a little behind on archiving and it looks like they have about 180 to remove.  Our process works like this.  

1. Every project that has been flagged by the project manager or has not been updated for 6 months is archived.  If it has not been updated for sixth months then we contact the PM to let them know we will be archiving it.  
  2. We do an xml export and a PDF export of all issues and place it in the archive file share.
  3. We then do a full backup of the instance.
  4. Then we delete the projects.

This allows us to recover two different ways XML or from backup.  Most of the time we never have to do this because the PM can access the PDF which contains everything minus the attachments.

Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2019

Good to know a new process :) 

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
February 28, 2019

That sounds like a good system, @Brant Schroeder!

Are you leaving out the attachments from PDF exports intentionally for some reason?

I looked into this matter of different ways of archiving Jira issues on Server and DC and one thing I suggested was PDF export with attachments and issue history. But I understand if you want to save disk space.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events