Set Default Tempo Worklog Description

William Wynn July 12, 2018

In the distant past, Tempo used to add a default description for worklog entries that looked like: "Working on Issue FOO-123"

At some point we made a change to require the user to enter their own worklog description. Now if you leave the Description field blank it says "Description must not be empty"

We want to change this back to using the default Temp description and not require the user to enter one. The problem is I cannot figure out how to make the description optional again. I checked the Custom Fields in Jira and didn't see it there.

How can we go about making the Worklog field optional again?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2018

Hi William,

To make the worklog description optional when logging work in Tempo, you need to check the "Worklog description is optional" setting in the Tempo Global Configuration (Tempo, Administration, Global Configuration).

Regards,

Susanne Götz
Tempo team

William Wynn July 13, 2018

Thank you. Not sure how I missed that one.

Gira Mundo October 1, 2019

Hi Susanne.

I don't know if there is something different in the current version, but I cannot see any "Global Configuration" option, except for permissions.

Tempo settings.jpg

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2019

Hi @Gira Mundo ,

there are indeed some changes to earlier versions.

To access the Tempo Global Configuration, please go to JIRA Administration, Manage apps. The Tempo Global Configuration can be accessed via the link in the sidebar.

Please take also a look at https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/349012258/Global+Configuration+-+Tempo+Server for more information.

Regards,

Susanne 

support for vo March 26, 2020

Hi @Susanne Götz _Tempo_ ,
is there a solution to hide the Description field in the Tempo worklog screen, and keep its default value ?
Regards.
Catherine

Susanne Götz _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2020

Hi @support for vo ,

It is not possible to hide the worklog description field in the Tempo Log time dialog. It is only possible to make and entry to the field optional

Regards,
Susanne

1 vote
SIGERI November 2, 2018

Hello,

To put the description optionally you must follow the following steps,

- Click on Add-On

- Tempo Timesheets Global Configuration

- Check in Worklog description is optional

Cheers,

Ananias

Suggest an answer