Sending alerts to Discord from Jira

Fernando Freire July 20, 2021

Hey guys, 

I'm trying to integrate my jira board on my discord channel. To follow all changes in issues, comments and etc, but I still having problem to understand how can I do this. I don't like zappier (because it's not free haha). My major problem is the jira webhook request for using in my code integration with Discord. Someone can help me?

Fernando

5 answers

1 vote
KonstantinK October 24, 2023

You can try this Discord bot for Jira: https://discord.com/api/oauth2/authorize?client_id=1164194962901057546&permissions=0&scope=applications.commands%20bot 

It allows:

• Get notifications in Discord space about Jira updates
  • Customize your notifications (select events type and format of notifications)
  • Set up regular Jira reminders, for example, show all Open tickets each day in the morning or something more complicated using your Jira filters

It works with Jira Server and Cloud. 

1 vote
Łukasz Wiatrak April 2, 2023

You can use the Discord for Jira app as an alternative (it's on Atlassian Marketplace), as it supports notifications to Discord server channels about created/updated issues and comments.

0 votes
Kyrylo Taranenko November 30, 2022

I have a similar issue. I've set a Jira > Discord integration that should push notifications to a specified channel when I mention a team member in the issue comment on Jira.

But it doesn't work! It seems that "Issue updated" webhook doesn't get triggered by comments. I invested half a day to set up this automation, and as a Product Manager, it would be a huge time saver.

Can someone help me to address this issue?

0 votes
Alex Fox July 29, 2021

A Jira webhook won't work with Discord without something in the middle to convert the payload. I recommend something like IFTTT to receive the data from Jira and then convert it to a Discord embed and post it to the Discord webhook.

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2021

Hello @Fernando Freire ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community! 

If I understand correctly you are trying to integrate Jira Cloud with Discord using Webhooks and you are having some issues. Can you kindly let us know what issues you are having?

In the meanwhile, you may also want to review below links and see if they help:

Cheers,
Dario

Michaela Staffova July 29, 2021

Heya @Fernando Freire , Michaela from Integromat here. Welcome to the community! 

Since you're mentioning Zapier, I'm assuming you are not opposed to inviting a third-party service to your workflow. That's why I thought I'd step in and suggest Integromat as a tool to connect your Jira and Discord. It's a no-code automation/integration platform that lets you connect pretty much any online service and automate all kinds of processes. 

Circling back to the topic of your question, I'd like to share the links to Jira and Discord on Integromat. You can check them out to see the currently available features (i.e. triggers, actions, and pre-made templates) of the integrations and to learn what the possibilities are (spoiler alert: there are many, hahah).

I'm also attaching a screenshot of Integromat's pricing. The free plan can often cater to many needs :) 

2021-07-29 12_52_26-Window.png

styktv November 6, 2022

Dear Atlassian, ever since Slack turned itself into ransomware by demanding payment to unfreeze messages older than 30 days, there is a large exodus of users to other services including Discord. Please consider allowing native integrations with Discord. Its just a format update on the webhook.

from Google Meaning Definitions: [ransomware] a type of malicious software designed to block access to a computer system until a sum of money is paid.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events