Send table from another ConfiForm to Jira

Erik Buchholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

I'm trying to create a ConfiForm which takes the values from another ConfiForm (on the same page) and sends the data to Jira over the Jira REST API.

We need a form with some head information (user, purpose, …) and some items with detailed information. For example

User: Max

Purpose: Testing

Name                    Type

Item 1: test concept         concept

Item 2: do it                       activity

We want to push the information from the items in the Jira description while the head information have own fields in Jira.

I tried to use the smart classifiers from ConfiForms but with this I can only access one item and not all items.

I tried the ConfiForms REST-API but was only able to push information to the items instead of collecting this information.

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_

Do you have a solution for me?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2019

Using Smart Classifiers feels like an overkill, but using just a simple smart dropdown to connect the forms together is what you need

One form (1) has header and another form (2) has items and a smart dropdown field referencing the record in form 1

Erik Buchholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2019

That would link the items to the head information. But how do I send all the items to one Jira issue?

My approach was to fill the items in the first step. In the second step we fill the head and send all information to one Jira issue.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2019

How do you plan to send the items to Jira issue, I mean - how do you want them to be mapped (into Jira fields)?

Erik Buchholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2019

The head information have dedicated fields. The information from the items shall be combined into the description.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events