Send an email from Confiforms to a recipient based on a userfield

Jonathan Pflüger October 5, 2023

Hello,

I have a form where you can select an user.
The mail should be then send to this user.
It sounds easy, but um new to confiforms and a bit lost.

I tried to define the recipient in the IFTTT-Macro as "entry.userfield.asUser.email", but that didn´t work. I´ve also tried with ".transform(email)" and changed the userfield to userfield (multi-select), nothing worked.

What did I do wrong?
Please help!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2023

Hi @Jonathan Pflüger and welcome to this community

If your user field is called "userfield" then just put the configuration parameter value fro the recipient as [entry.userfield]

Alex

Jonathan Pflüger October 5, 2023

Thank you Alex,

unfortunately this doesn´t work either. It says: "Can not send email - recipients list is empty".

When I select an user it shows the name and the email address like:
John Doe (John.Doe@exe.com) 

May be there is an option with an extra hidden field to get the email address.

Jonathan

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2023

Could you share how your form and the IFTTT to send emails are configured?

Alex

Jonathan Pflüger October 6, 2023

Hello,
my form is to enroll for a course or training and our employees should enter their superior and then the superior should be informed via mail about the enrollment.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 112242.jpg

Bild_2023-10-06_112426687.png

Jonathan

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2023

Hi

As much as I can see is the reference to a field value is done by entry.field_name, not [entry.field_name]

Alex

Jonathan Pflüger October 6, 2023

Oh, thats awkward.

Thank you, sometimes its the obvious thing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events