Scriptrunner Permissions in Jira Cloud

Bill Bill June 19, 2021

I want to set a Jira workflow properties such that fields in issues of a certain status may ONLY be changed by Scriptrunner, or at the very least by no human users (including myself).

This seems straightforward, setting "jira.permission.edit.user=<scriptrunner user>" in the workflow status properties.

HOWEVER, I can't figure out what the Scriptrunner "Add-On" User's user id is.  I can't figure out what groups it belongs to.  I can't add it to a new group.  When Scriptrunner has a post-function set to "Run As" the "Scriptrunner Add-On User", what does this mean in terms of permissions possible?

Is it part of atlassian-addons-admin?  I try to view this but the browser just spins and spins.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Bill June 19, 2021

Nevermind, I figured this out.  For this, use the user group "atlassian-addons-admin".  You can see all the groups for Scriptrunner by going to the Script Console and running

def accountId = get("/rest/api/3/myself").asObject(Object).body.accountId
get("/rest/api/3/user/groups?accountId=${accountId}").asObject(Object).body

as the Scriptrunner user.

Hopefully this helps someone else!

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2021

Thanks @Bill Bill, I was beating my head against the wall there for a bit.

Our system seems to use `atlassian-addons-project-access` for this.

Like Bill Bill likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events