Script Runner impersonate(switch to different user) feature issue

jason chien August 18, 2017

We purchased the license and update the script to latest version. When I choose the user I want to impersonate in this case is "bsbtracs" and I click run. The Jira refresh but I didn't login as that user, I am still login as me. 

More interesting thing is that the Audit log does show that I impersonate the person I intended. 

I have attached a screen shot of the Audit log, can someone please help or give suggestion on how to fix this issue?

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 9.38.18 AM.png
Thanks,
Jason

2 answers

0 votes
Abdul Dastageeri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 12, 2019

Hi Jason,

btw you have also other opportunies to switch (very fast) your user in jira. Much more faster than in scriptrunner. Check out the Add-on "Fast User Switcher (FUS) for Jira"

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220356/fast-user-switcher-fus-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

Regards

Abdul

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2017

After running the impersonation, a small link will be displayed in order to actually impersonate the user. Have you also clicked that link?

jason chien August 21, 2017

Hi yes I have clicked that link and it redirect me to the Jira dashboard which is the default page but I am still logged in as myself. Thanks for checking in though.

I have also tried this on safari and chrome and this still occur. I also tried uninstalling the plugin and reinstall but the problem persist.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2017

Hi Jason,

Then I would suggest contacting ScriptRunner Support Team:

https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2/group/24

marketplacevendorsupport@adaptavist.com

Regards

Hi @Ignacio Pulgar,

thank you for the suggestion and I have already contacted the Script Runner Support team.

Thanks,
Jason

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events