Sample code for retrieving a project metadata

Jaroslav Lhoták April 12, 2017

First of all thanks Andreas for such nice plugin.

After some hours of trying I made working using Script Runner for getting a metadata ("mykey") from given project ("RISK")

Just want to share it with you this short snippet to save your time, I hope it helps :)

Regards,

Jarda

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.OsgiContainerManager
import com.atlassian.jira.project.Project
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

Project project = ComponentAccessor.getProjectManager().getProjectObjByKey("RISK");

OsgiContainerManager osgiManager = ComponentManager.getInstance().getComponentInstanceOfType(OsgiContainerManager.class)

String x = osgiManager.getServiceTracker("com.osoboo.jira.metadata.MetadataService").getService().getMetadataValue(project, "mykey")

5 comments

Comment

Envitia October 18, 2017

Good stuff!

Do you know if you can get the metadata out using the existing JIRA API?

Jaroslav Lhoták August 1, 2018

Thx, not to my knowledge :(

PhillipS October 23, 2017

It's' unfortunate that the groovy embedded "compiler" gives  you a potential error in the script, but it works when running a preview on an issue.  Thanks!!!!!

gfinesch July 17, 2018

Is there a way to write this in java?

PhillipS July 30, 2018

My understanding is that GROOVY script is Java with some "fluff".  And that GROOVY follows almost all, if not all the syntax conventions of JAVA.  Which part isn't working for you the way it's written in groovy

PhillipS July 30, 2018

I guess in order to make it work in JAVA you may have to wrap it in a class to get it to execute?

gfinesch July 31, 2018

Thanks Phillip. I realized that the metadata plugin is not free anymore so we're not going to install int anymore on the latest Jira version we are upgrading to soon. We are going to use the Project Properties Plugin for Jira as a replacement.

Jaroslav Lhoták August 1, 2018

Really? That's the third plugin I remember which used to be free and became paid. Damn it, we run 10k license :( 

positive techno April 29, 2019

Hi Can you please provide the steps in jira how to take the metadata backup using script runner

Margaret Boisvert May 12, 2021

What would the script be in 8.x since ComponentManager is deprecated?

Andreas Spall (evolu.software)
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 12, 2021

Hi Margaret, you can also use the dependency injection of jira 

https://aevolu.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JM/pages/659816449/How-to+use+our+Java+API

for scriptrunner there is also this page and its subpages 

https://aevolu.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JM/pages/656965633/How-to+articles+for+ScriptRunner+for+Jira

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events